Sunday 26 April 2009

Where are you?


Jane Fonda has returned to the Broadway stage after 46 years, and recently her dog, Tulea, decided to get in on the action.
Fonda's Bichon somehow wiggled away from her handler during a curtain call for her new play 33 Variations and was onstage for the actress' bows.
"I saw, through my legs, this white thing and I thought, 'That's not what I think it is!' And then I heard the click-click-click of her little nails on the stage," Fonda said. "She knows what the applause means. She knows that means that it's over and that we're going to be reunited. She came looking for me."
The play is by Moises Kaufman and Fonda portrays Katherine, a musicologist dying of a wasting disease. Sounds meaningful!
PS: Jane Fonda writes a very interesting blog on a variety of matters and often about her dog.

2 comments:

Whispering Walls said...

Sounds like a good double act

DogsDeserveFreedom said...

That's great! Wish I'd seen it.