Thursday 17 March 2011

Spit in your dog's food. Part 2.

Thank you for commenting on my last post but I am sorry I cannot accept the dog trainer's advice that you have to spit in your dog's food to show that you are the pack leader.  You might as well advise people that they should urinate or defecate on their dog's food.  Or vomit on it for that matter.  So much nonsense is written and it really angers me.  Let's keep things in perspective.  As far as food is concerned in a normal human household, it is advisable to feed the dog after all the humans have eaten.  Humans eat first and that's it.  If you have a dominant or aggressive dog then there are other ways to show leadership.  I shall be writing about this some other time.  Watch this space.

2 comments:

ADDY said...

I personally wouldn't spit in my dog's food, cos He is one of the family and I wouldn't relish someone spitting in my food. But when you think about it, in the wild, the dominant dogs would chew at the carcass first and leave their spit all over it and the more submissive dogs would later have their chance to eat the meat, spit and all. My dog gets fed before or during or after my meal and he still regards me as top-dog.

Eurodog said...

Yes Addy I agree. I am quite relaxed about feeding too but I think I would have a different approach if I had a dominant dog.